Retrieve Files from Windows XP Hard Drive
- A highly-integrated tool for recovering all files erased from Windows XP storage drives
- Works efficiently with all internal drives as well as external storage drives
- Has great support to drive file systems like FAT, exFAT, NTFS, HFS, HFS+, etc.
- Offers simple means for file recovery in quick steps
Many of us have heard about hard drive crashes. This crashing of hard disk forces a Windows XP user to format the hard disk. Thus this is one among many situations in which we will have to format our Windows XP hard disk. So you will find many such ways of formatting your Windows XP hard drive. This formatting of Windows XP drive finally leads to the loss of files or folders on that hard disk which is a terrifying situation for Windows XP users. Usually, nobody formats his/her Windows hard disk as they fear to lose all the precious data stored on the drive. But most of the times what happens is your Windows XP hard disk gets corrupted due to a dangerous virus attack or due to any other reason.
Virus attack on the hard disk of your Windows leads to an inaccessible hard disk which is not useful for accessing data stored in it. Therefore you will have to format your XP hard disk forcefully so that your Windows hard drive becomes free from the corruption. But as we all know by doing so we will lose all the valuable data stored in Windows. So if you created a backup for your XP files then you will not be in a troubled situation. Suppose, you have no backup for your important files in XP hard disk then you have an only option by which you can get back all your lost files which is a powerful recovery engine. Windows recovery software is such a powerful recovery software that can retrieve Windows files or folders from a formatted hard disk easily.
What causes formatting of Windows XP disk?
Formatting Windows XP hard drive leads to loss of files. Let us know when and under what data loss scenarios, the Windows recovery software is helpful
- Accidental formatting - Being one of the most common reasons for data loss in Windows hard disks, it is mostly a repeating problem which can be overcome with the help of the Windows recovery software
- Missing setup files - Some setup files are necessary for booting of operating systems. If those setup files are missing in your system due to MBR corruption or any other reason Windows will not boot and there arises a need to format hard disk of your Windows. Thus the data present in Windows XP hard disk will be lost
- RAM corruption - If data in RAM gets corrupted due to any reason then it affects Windows hard disk too. Thus a situation arises where it becomes necessary to format the hard disk and hence data loss occurs
- Firmware corruption - Due to the firmware corruption, Windows become unable to access the hard drive files or documents and hence data will be lost from Windows XP
Windows recovery software can help you recover all your files that are lost due to formatting Windows XP drive. This tool supports file recovery from Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, Vista etc. Windows XP hard drive recovery can be carried out using Windows recovery tool quickly and safely. It is possible to recover the formatted disk data such as multimedia files of type JPEG, JPG, MOV, MP3. In addition to this, you can even recover video files of any file format on hard drives of various types such as SATA, IDE and SCSI using the Windows recovery utility. This tool is very helpful in recovering photos from the Windows hard drives of various famous brands such as Toshiba, Sony, Kingston, SanDisk etc. Now let us quickly go through the Windows XP hard drive recovery process to restore all types of files on almost all Windows OS in a few minutes.
Steps to Recover Files from Windows XP Hard Drive-
Step 1: Download and install the Windows recovery software in your system. Select "Recover Partitions/Drives" option from the main screen. Then "Formatted/Reformatted Recovery" option must be selected from the second screen.
Figure 1: Formatted / Reformatted Recovery
Step 2: Click on a particular drive from where you want to recover lost files. This drive selection commences the process of scanning the drive.
Figure 2: Select Drive
Step 3: Preview the recovered files after the completion of the scanning process using the "Preview" option.<
Figure 3: Preview Recovered Files