Recover Inaccessible External Hard Drive
- A read-only application that can easily bring back all data from the external HDD
- The tool uses the unique recovery algorithms that completely scans the HD drive to extract data from it
- Performs restoration of all file type formats
- It is built to support all brands and types of internal and external storage drives in simple steps
When you connect the external hard drive to your system to transfer some documents then it displays an error message like "The drive is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?" Have you mistakenly clicked on yes and end up formatting your external storage device losing crucial data? You can recover the formatted external disk drive using Windows recovery software. You may face this problem due to virus attack, abrupt removal, etc. When such a critical problem occurs then you need to recover the external HDD to make it readable again.
You have saved important documents, photos, videos, etc. on your external hard drive and you will lose data from the external hard drive after formatting. Some people have misinterpretation that once external HDD is formatted, then it is not possible to recover any files lost from the external disk drive. But this is possible that you can restore data from the formatted external disk drive by using this application within a few mouse clicks. This app has the ability to bring back documents from formatted external hard drives on Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 and many others.
The external hard drive becomes inaccessible because of the following reasons
- Master Boot Records: If master boot records of your external hard drive get corrupted due to malware invasion, then it may lead to the inaccessibility of external HDD.
- Improper shut down: When you connect the external hard drive to your computer and start accessing your external disk drive, if power fails suddenly while functioning then it may result in inaccessibility of the external HDD.
- Bad sector: External hard drives turn out to be inaccessible due to the disk develops the bad sector due to malware, abrupt removal, etc. and it becomes impossible to read the platters.
- Firmware corruption: Windows and Mac OS are unable to access the external hard drive files due to the firmware corruption.
If you are not able to access your external hard drive because of the above-mentioned scenarios then you just need to make use of this recovery tool. This software can retrieve data from the formatted hard drives such as SCSI, SATA, IDE, SSD, etc. This software can be used to recover files from formatted external hard drives of popular brands namely Sony, Toshiba, Kingston, SanDisk, etc. and also you can bring back lost data from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, etc. partitions.
This tool creates the disk image of the external HDD having bad sector and later it allows processing the created disk image file to recover files and folder from the external hard drive. You can make use of this application to recover data from the empty recycle bin when the files bypassed the recycle bin. This software has the ability to scan full storage device to get back lost documents at your fingertips.
Note: You can also visit this site for more details on how to recover lost data from the Windows partition corrupted due to power failure and MBR corruption. Please visit http://www.windowsrecoverysoftware.net/partition.html
Steps to recover inaccessible external hard drive
Step 1: Download and install the recovery software on your computer. Launch the software, from the main screen select Recover Drives then select the Formatted/Reformatted Recovery option.
Figure 1: Select Formatted/Reformatted Recovery
Step 2: From the next window you need to select the Drive from which you want to recover.
Figure 2: Select the Drive To Retrieve External Hard Drive Data
Step 3: It will start the scanning process. After completion of the scanning process, it will show the list of the files. Select the Preview option to view the Recovered files.
Figure 3: Preview the Recovered Files
Step 4: You can then proceed to Save the files in a suitable location on your computer.